Thursday, February 26, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Amelia !

Today we are welcoming Amelia from Stamped for the Occasion as our Guest Designer. Amelia was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'Be My Valen-Twine' challenge. Let's move on to hear from Amelia and see what she has made for the current challenge 'It's Time for a Vacation'.


Hello everyone. I am so delighted to be guest designer for the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog! It is such an honour. I live with my husband and 7 cats in Pretoria, South Africa. I am a librarian at a large residential university, but when I am at home I keep myself busy with card making. I have been paper crafting for about 16 years now. My style has developed over time, seeing all the beautiful cards from so many talented card makers. I would describe my style as a mixture of shabby, vintage and sometimes cute elements. I like experimenting with new crafting tools and products and using the older stash with new products is very challenging for me. I started my blog, "Stamped for the Occasion", in February 2010 and since then made so many friends around the world who share my passion.


For the challenge “It’s Time for a Vacation” I decided to make a vintage card showing a vacation during springtime in Paris. I never visited France but one can always live your dreams in paper crafting! I chose a silhouette image of the beautiful Eiffel Tower and a lovely vintage image of two ladies as my focal point. To add some texture to my background I used delicate leaf die cuts for the top and bottom and then framed the image with a vintage clock die cut painted with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint. I love to add swallows to my travel themed cards because these lovely little birds travel each year long distances to countries far away – they are for me world travellers in their own way.


The Eiffel Tower silhouette is cut from recycled cardboard and distressed with Tim Holtz distress inks. The sentiment is attached with twine to the Tower and then cascading down to connect all the flowers on the card.


To see more pictures and the project details of the card do check out my blog. Thank you for asking me to join the Frilly and Funkie Challenges as a featured Guest Designer – your challenges always inspires me.

I'm sure you'll all agree that Amelia's card is beautiful and has provided lots more inspiration for the current challenge, 'It's Time for a Vacation'.

13 comments:

  1. What a stunningly gorgeous card Amelia. Love the way you've altered those die cut elements and the delicate leafy background. So pleased you could join us as a Guest Designer. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. It is such an honor to create a card for Frilly and Funky.

      Delete
  2. Wow Amelia, this is absolutely breathtaking!! I just love the soft tones and all the wonderful textures! Such a beautiful card from top to bottom! So glad you joined us as our guest designer!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamellia. I enjoyed it so much to create this card for Frilly and Funky.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card with so many pretty layers and embellishments, love the textures too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! This project makes me long for spring..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous Amelia. Love the soft colour palette and all your lovely layers and texture with that gorgeous vintage image as a focal point. So glad you could join us as Guest Designer.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Cec. I appreciate it so much

      Delete
  6. Love this card! Amazing details and color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia - you card is beautiful - wonderful textures & lovely soft colors.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, your colours and elements are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card with beautiful soft textures, the crackle and glitter is also such a pretty touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - love this beautiful die cuts, colors and texture! The swallow is a perfect touch! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete