Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Focus - Dylusions Ink Sprays

Hello avid crafters and F&F lovers! Anita Houston here, and it's time for another Friday Focus, but it's a little different today. Okay....a lot different! It's via video and it's my very first, so please bear with me. It's quite lengthy at just over 15 minutes, but I am showing you five easy techniques for using your Dyan Reaveley's Dylusion Ink Sprays. So get a cuppa and please enjoy! ***Note: Please ignore the ringing phone!!!

This is the finished Art Journal cover. You can see more pictures on my blog as well.
These two tags were the ones I used to sop up the extra ink. I added a little Distress Ink to finish the backgrounds up.
Now here is a heck of a deal! A full set of Dylusions are $45 at the Funkie Junkie Boutique, but since they are the Friday Focus, you get an extra 15% off this week...wow!!! And...the new Summer Distress Inks are in as well, so I hope your pay day is soon!!! Happy crafting everyone!

Supplies:

15 comments:

  1. ...super makes Anita...Dyan has come up with the most amazing colours, so vivid & vibrant...loVe what you've made & shown us...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I love the vibrant colors! That was an awesome tutorial, Anita. TFS.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...great tutorial, Anita! I loved seeing you create the piece bit by bit. So helpful. Maybe I can let the birthday fairy know that I would like these inks for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you totally blew me away with your video Anita. Fabulous job and what a sensational piece of art you created. I loved seeing you how you built up the individual layers. Using a video was so informative for this particular piece. I especially liked seeing how you handled the black section with the bleaching - VERY COOL! Thanks for an incredible piece of work!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! Thanks for a truly inspiring project and I can't wait to get my sprays out to try these techniques. The section with the black spray intrigues me the most. And the finished piece is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Anita!!

    How did you know my phone keeps ringing???

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I wish it was only yours...still can't believe that happened! LOL!

      Delete
  7. That was such a great tutorial, love how you built up all the layers, it was just like watching Dyan herself! A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome video! I love all these techniques, especially the bleach out. Thanks for explaining the techniques so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this was really neat. I have a few of her inks and I never know how to use them. . . now I will! I almost fainted when you sprayed the black (oh me of little faith) but loved how it turned out. Thanks for sharing the techniques and your beautiful cover with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful video, Anita and so much information! You have inspired me to play with the sprays! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Anita! Cannot wait to get home and give my sprays a try! Bravo. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found the time to give your video my full attention Anita, awesome ! Dylusions sprays are now on my wish list ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fantastic, thanks for the video, I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to hear your voice! Vthis was an excellent video and the cover is wonderful. You know I adore the spray inks and you sure have rocked them, especially with the lifting of the black ink. Superb!

    ReplyDelete